Skip to main content

The 100: Bellarke or Clexa?



In honour of the 100 Season 2 finale and all of the 100 fans, I've decided to share my opinion about two of the couples on the show - Bellarke and Clexa. Some of you are Bellarke shippers, some of you like Clexa, but I'm currently not quite sure which to choose. Do I have to pick a side?


1. Bellarke
Ever since the show started, people have been shipping these two leaders. They have always found a way to make things work, have excellent teamwork and both of them have really grown to depend on each other. And then there are the books, written by Kass Morgan, on which the whole show is loosely based on, where all Bellarke scenes are just truly magical. Book fans started the hype and now the majority of the fandom is on their toes to see what will happen with these two. For myself, I can say that I am too. 

Never the less, Jason Rothenberg (the shows producer) doesn't really seem to bother that much about Bellarke. Of course it's understandable that he doesn't want the show to be just about the couples. I mean it's a great show with a lot of interesting elements. I'm not saying that Bellarke has to happen now, honestly, I enjoy the chemistry and tension between the two, but I'm kind of hoping that they will be endgame. 

Things are going to be very different for the couple in Season 3A though because, as most of you know, Clarke left Camp Jaha in the final episode of Season 2. As mentioned before, Clarke and Bellamy have been a team for so long, it's hard to imagine them not functioning as if they were one person. But how will their split effect them? Will they be able to work on their own? It will definitely be different. What I'm hoping for is a nice reunion where some sparks (not necessarily romantic ones, but close) fly. 
Their goodbye was very emotional in the finale and I feel like many shippers took the kiss on the cheek the wrong way. The kiss was a thank you, a symbol of gratitude, basically a "I couldn't have done this without you". Allthough I can't wait to see if they end up together, I am quite patient and enjoy their friendship as it is right now. That leads me to:


2. Clexa

So I have to just say, that I love the fact that they have made Clarke bi. It's something that more and more shows are doing, but mostly, the classical hetero relationship stays in main focus. Obviously, there was some feelings for the other involved, but right now, it isn't looking that good for Clexa. 

Betrayal was a strong theme in Season 2 and as Clarke does feel betrayed, I can understand her being angry and shocked. However, if you think about Lexas position, you understand her more too. She was doing what she thought was right for her people. She wanted to save them. At any cost. Isn't that what Clarke did? She did just kill The Mountain Men, even though she knew that not all of them were bad. But she did it for her people. That's what defines Clexa. They are both strong female leaders, trying to do what is right. On the ground, can you really judge right and wrong at the moment? What about the "grey zone"?

Personally I like Clexa because it's different and interesting to watch. I think Clarke can learn a lot from Lexa and the other way around. A romance between them would be great any time now, I feel like they would be good together. But, are they really endgame material? I don't think so. 



Conclusion

All in all I must say that writing this has helped me understand my position. For me, Clexa should be temporary, while Bellarke should be that one romance that lasts (hopefully) forever. But I'm interested to hear some other opinions, so if you have the time, share them with me in the comments!







Picture 1: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=awt741&s=8#.VRMWaUu4nFI 
Gif 1: http://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/the-100-season-2-bellarke-reunion-gif-2-2.gif
Gif 2: http://38.media.tumblr.com/a66ff4357b3ba0fae99d21132c4c0cf3/tumblr_nkde3pdlNu1ry79y6o1_250.gif


Comments